The Burrito Digest

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Colima



Colima
301 Lincolnway
LaPorte, IN 46350 MAP
(219) 324-0355
Hours:
N/A

July 20th, 2005. 5:45 p.m.

A quick web search tells me that Colima is a small state in Mexico bordering on the Pacific Ocean. According to this website, the regional cuisine features “the ocean's bounty of fresh seafood, and the typical ranch dishes of western Mexico.” Apparently tortilla chips aren’t the specialty in the state of Colima. At least that’s the impression this restaurant gave me. These were absolutely the worst chips I’ve ever had. They had no flavor and dried my mouth out. Weird. They didn’t even seem like they were made from corn. The old “cardboard” cliché fits like a glove with these chips. The salsa had an average flavor but was quite thin and runny.

The steak burrito contained beans, lettuce, tomato, and cheese and was loosely wrapped in a slightly grilled tortilla. Sour cream, guacamole, and a small “salad” were also on the plate. There was a pretty good steak flavor that was unfortunately held back by its dryness. Once again, salt and salsa were liberally applied to extract as much flavor as possible out of this burrito. One piece of gristle made an appearance and was spit out. This burrito just didn’t do it for me.

The restaurant does serve beer (maybe that explains the dryness of the food) consisting of 7 imports and 6 domestics including Maple City Gold from LaPorte’s own Back Road Brewery. If someone asked me my opinion of Colima I would say, “It’s there.”



Weight: 13.6 ounces
Length: 7.75 inches
Circumference: 9.5 inches
Price: $6.50 or 47.8¢ an ounce
Beer availability: Yes

Flavor: 4/10 sombreros
Value: 4.5/10 sombreros

1 Comments:

  • I say that you got the wrong thing or you are too picky or the chef, Rosie or Christi had an off day lol. Any of those things could have been a factor. If you are looking for the good stuff, I suggest Mexican tacos with steak and ask for lime, or the shrimp avocado dip... The food there is delicious trust me I ate there all summer last year! I never got tired of it.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home