The Burrito Digest

Saturday, May 14, 2005

Sabor A Mexico



Sabor A Mexico
3246 169th St.
Hammond, IN 46323 MAP
(219) 554-0394
Hours:
Monday - Sunday: 10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.

May 14th, 2005. 8:15 p.m.

With hunger still lingering after my last review, I headed north to Taste of Mexico. I now hoped that I wouldn’t become too full from eating two burritos.

The restaurant was pretty warm inside as was the salsa. Not spicy but temperature-wise. I’m not a fan of this “tomato soup” style salsa with its large pieces of green pepper and onion, as it tends to be light on flavor. I opted for the salsa verde instead to enjoy a few chips with before my burrito arrived.

The burrito had been grilled a little and pushed flat slightly. As I have stated before, I prefer a steamed tortilla wrapped tightly around the filling. The steak tasted rather bland and more flavor came from the cilantro instead. The steak was lean and had a good texture though. There were beans, lettuce, tomato, and cheese inside the burrito as well.

Sabor A Mexico has a large menu with dinner entrees, lunch specials, and even breakfast. I think if I were to visit here again, I would order something off the dinner menu.



Weight: 16.6 ounces
Length: 8.5 inches
Circumference: 9.125 inches
Price: $5.25 or 31.6¢ an ounce
Beer availability: No

Flavor: 6/10 sombreros
Value: 8/10 sombreros

1 Comments:

  • That's one of the greasiest, dirty grill tasting burritos I've ever had. They're chilaquiles is decent, but like you said, all their food just tastes like cilantro.

    By Blogger Awesome Jim, at 11:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home