The Burrito Digest

Monday, February 19, 2007

El Charro















El Charro
5031 East 81st Ave. (Route 30)
Merrillville, IN 46410 MAP
(219) 947-1737
Hours:
N/A

February 19th, 2007. 6:00 p.m.

El Charro, similar to other establishments I reviewed, does not specifically offer a steak burrito a la carte on their menu. This is usually a sign of bad things to come. When the waiter said they could do a steak burrito for $4.50 (chicken or beef burritos are $3.49), I knew I was in for it.

Chips were crispy and of a bright yellow corn variety. They seemed fresh and were unsalted. The salsa had a mild but good flavor.

My burrito arrived swimming in red sauce and covered in cheese (insert wrong answer buzzer sound here.) It is at that moment when I went to take a picture that my flash card took an apparent dump. If you need an idea of how it looked, click here and picture more sauce covering the entire bottom of the plate. Weighing/measuring proved messy and are as close to precise as I could get without getting sauce everywhere. The “burrito” contained only steak that was of decent flavor. I’d call this more of a steak enchilada and it was definitely not my thing.

After an over 5 month hiatus from this blog, this is what I get? I’ve got to hit a few more places…and quick.

Weight: 10.0 ounces
Length: 8.75 inches
Circumference: 7.0 inches
Price: $4.50 or 45.0¢ an ounce
Beer availability: Yes

Flavor: 5.5/10 sombreros
Value: 5/10 sombreros

1 Comments:

  • Where is John? Its been years since he posted anything. Could not believe this place.Asked for a burrito and was told no, only complete dinner.WTF? This was last summer and to top it off my battery in my '67 was dead!4-12-13

    By Blogger Dave Brickman, at 9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home