The Burrito Digest

Saturday, September 09, 2006

Camino Real



Camino Real
6821 Grand Avenue
Hammond, IN 46323 MAP
(219) 554-1626
Hours:
N/A

September 7th, 2006. 2:30 p.m.

In the shell of a late ‘70s/early ‘80s Taco Bell stands Camino Real. Unfortunately, as you’ll soon see, I would have been better off going to Taco Bell for a burrito than this place.

Upon ordering, the waitress informed me that their burritos come with sauce and cheese on top. I stated I wanted to eat the thing with my hands and she offered to have the sauce and cheese put inside. Dandy. What I got as you can see from the picture below was a gooey bean burrito with some steak thrown in. What little there was of the steak was unflavorful with a pot roast-like texture and slight amounts of gristle. No thanks.



The chips were fresh and had a nice thick crunch. The salsa was acceptable with medium/medium-hot spiciness.

Camino Real – skip it.



Weight: 14.4 ounces
Length: 7.5 inches
Circumference: 8 inches
Price: $4.75 or 33¢ an ounce
Beer availability: No

Flavor: 5/10 sombreros
Value: 7/10 sombreros

1 Comments:

  • There used to be a Camino Real on 45th Ave. near the Highland/Griffith border back in the 90s, but I don't think I ever ate there. I wonder if this is the same place?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home