The Burrito Digest

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Casa Lupita



Casa Lupita
533 West Columbus Drive
East Chicago, IN 46312 MAP
(219) 398-9334
Hours:
Monday - Sunday: 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.

January 21st, 2009. 1:30 p.m.

Lately I’ve been getting my burritos to go and not getting a chance to munch on chips and salsa before my burrito arrives. I’ll have to change that.

The menu at Casa Lupita, aside from containing hamburgers, hot dogs, and hot wings, is entirely Mexican unlike the last few places I’ve been. There’s plenty to choose from, and you can wash it all down with a cold beer. Corona, Modelo, and Tecate are available for $3.00 each while Miller Lite, MGD, and Budweiser are $2.50.



The steak burrito did its best impression of La Chiquita in Portage. That’s not a compliment. Containing only steak and beans inside with lettuce and tomato on the side, it was at least not as greasy as La Chiquita’s. I did come across 3 pieces of fat/gristle that were spit out from the decently flavored, heavily marinated steak. The hot sauce was quite good and helped out the burrito some.

If you visit Casa Lupita I suggest something different from the menu that doesn’t contain steak.



Weight: 16.2 ounces
Length: 7.5 inches
Circumference: 9.5 inches
Price: $5.49 or 33.9¢ an ounce
Beer availability: Yes
Flavor: 6/10 sombreros
Value: 7/10 sombreros

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home