The Burrito Digest

Saturday, October 27, 2007

El Farol



El Farol
6136 South Archer Road
Summit Argo, IL 60501 MAP
(708) 563-1022
Hours:
24 hours

October 27th, 2007. 4:30 p.m.

Is it El Farol or El Faro? In the phonebook and anywhere on the web it’s El Farol (the lantern), but the restaurant sign and employees’ shirts say El Faro (the lighthouse). Signage and marketing materials don’t lie, however I’ll leave the “l” on the end as long as it’s known that way on Google.



A big pile of sizzling steak drew me in as I entered the restaurant. Asking for everything on my burrito got me beans, lettuce, tomato, cheese, and a bit too much sour cream that dominated quite a few bites. I found the burrito to be pretty good although the steak could have used more seasoning.



I’m not sure if chips and salsa are complimentary at El Farol since I got my burrito to go. If anyone knows, please comment so I can adjust the value rating (it would be 11/10).

Give El Farol a shot if you’re in the area.



Weight: 25.9 ounces
Length: 7 inches
Circumference: 10.75 inches
Price: $4.05 or 15.6¢ an ounce
Beer availability: No

Flavor: 8/10 sombreros
Value: 9/10 sombreros

5 Comments:

  • Absolutly the best Chile Relleno in the world...Their Pork steak is great as well. Steak is good but not the best. But I still highly reccommend!!!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:27 PM  

  • This is my favorite place for a burrito in all of chicago well worth the drive. My wife usually eats one or two tostados. Will be a happy customer for years to come.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:10 PM  

  • This place is great, I just tried it!

    I live in Northwest Indiana, and I just found your blog here. No reviews lately? I'd love it if you kept reviewing places...there are so many places to stop in Munster, Hammond, Highland, etc.!

    Thanks again for the great reviews.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:31 PM  

  • I have been going to this place for more than twenty years now and it is just as good now as it was then. Unfortunately, I moved away from Chi in '99 but have occasion to drive through several times per year and I ALWAYS make time to stop by and get a combo (steak and pork) burrito with sour cream. Fresh salsa verde and pickled carrot and jalapenos really complete the experience.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:22 PM  

  • No on the free chips and salsa. I've dined in many times, if ya don't order it ya won't get it

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home