The Burrito Digest

Monday, August 31, 2009

Lucy's Restaurant



Lucy's Restaurant
6004 Calumet Avenue
Hammond, IN 46320 MAP
(219) 803-7677
Hours:
Monday – Thursday: 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Friday – Saturday: 10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Sunday: 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.

August 31st, 11:30 a.m.

I'm cutting it close by squeezing in my second review of the month on the last day and just before embarking on a trip to Put-in-Bay, Ohio. I will not be looking for burritos in Ohio. Perch and walleye only!



Located in the space formally occupied by Las Brisas, Lucy's opened earlier this summer. The signage out front declares “under new management”, but I found little changed from 3+ years ago. I ordered to go as I have been doing of late and was unable to sample the chips and salsa. The tubs of red salsa I got with the burrito were not very good. The steak burrito had the same ingredients as Las Brisas but added gristle to the mix. In fact, I’ll defer to the Las Brisas review lest I repeat myself any further.

The flavor rating takes a hit due to the gristle, and the value rating drops a bit as well. (I’m going to have to review how I calculate the value rating as prices naturally rise. Do I call 50+ places and get updated prices, do I index for inflation, or do I drop this metric altogether?)

Overall, I give Lucy’s a “meh.”



Weight: 15.1 ounces
Length: 7 inches
Circumference: 9 inches
Price: $5.09 or 33.7¢ an ounce
Beer availability: No

Flavor: 6.5/10 sombreros
Value: 7/10 sombreros

1 Comments:

  • I'm awaiting your official scoring, John! Not that this one looks that good, but still.

    By Blogger Robert, at 2:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home